1. Now that you’ve created a project, you can begin to add the variables you would like your
students to analyze.
2. From your individual project page, select the + button to the right of the “Variables” box.
3. This will take you to the Search page – from here, you can search more than 5,000 GSS variables by
keyword, subject, or year. Information on each variable includes: name, description, years available,
survey question, and summary statistics for the variable. Students can gain a better understanding of
the GSS by reviewing the variables and the survey questions asked, as well as search topics of interest.
4. Once you’ve identified variables of interest, add them to your project cart by clicking on the orange
cart symbol to the left of the variable name.
5. You may also save your variable search by selecting “Save Search.””